This site is owned and operated by Kobe Roku, a trading style of Dalmeny Close Ltd. We’re a company registered in England. Our company number is 07550233 and our registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom.
As a UK company we’re bound by the Data Protection Act 2018 and other associated regulation.
Our business has been designed with the following data principles at the forefront of our thinking:
- we only gather the information we need to run the business
- we only keep it for as long as we are required to retain it
- we only share it with companies that are providing services to us.
The following sets out how we will gather and use your personal data, as well as ways for you to gain access to and maintain it.
The following document sets out how we use personal data within our business and the terms and conditions associated with your use of our website. Your use of the site is interpreted as acceptance of these terms and policies.
Dalmeny Close Ltd (“we”) is registered in England, Company Number: 07550233. Our registered address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU, United Kingdom. We are also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for data protection purposes.
The jurisdiction for any disputes is England.
Why we gather and process data
In order to provide services (such as our websites) we have to gather and process data. Examples include:
- When you contact us with a query by email, letter or phone
- When you place an order with us or through an affiliate or marketplace
- When you subscribe to our email list
- When you follow us on social media
- When you use our website
We have designed our sites and services to minimise the impact on your privacy. For example, we coded our own Facebook “share” buttons so as not to pass data to Facebook. We have decided not to use Google Analytics as this can track you across the web.
Gathering YOUR data
We obtain data as part of our normal interaction with you:
- we use server data to understand how you use this site so we can improve the experience
- when you click on a link we may use a tag so we can earn a commission on sales
- when you opt-in to our mailing lists we store your email address so we can send you our emails
- if you’ve contacted us we will keep data about our conversations
- when you place an order we’ll keep information about what your ordered, where it was sent and how it was paid for.
We do not use tracking cookies to monitor your use of the Internet beyond this website.
By using this site you are consenting to our cookies being placed on your computer.
Access to YOUR data
If at any point you wish to see the personal data we retain about you, please contact us.
We will send any data that we can identify from you via a secure means. Please be aware that some of this data may not be fully accessible to you if:
- it contains information about other people
- it is commercially sensitive
- it is covered by a non-disclosure agreement (in which case we will direct you to the party the NDA is with to gain their consent)
Processing YOUR data
We only process your data in the normal course of our business. This includes responding to messages, fulfilling orders and responding to queries.
We also use data from our website to understand how people use it. This data is anonymised, which means we cannot track it back to individuals or IP addresses.
To complete reports and returns required under English law we may use your personal data.
Your data is normally only processed within the EU and UK. When selecting companies to provide services we ensure they are based in the UK or EU, or have contractual arrangements that afford at least the same level of protection as UK regulation requires.
Transferring YOUR data
Sometimes it is necessary to access your data outside of the UK. This could be where a member of our staff is working overseas, or we are using a third party based in a non-UK country. Where this happens we take precautions to ensure your data is not disclosed.
We do not sell your data. Nor do we disclose it to other parties unless:
- they are a service provider to us
- we are legally obliged to (for example, if a law enforcement agency serves a warrant)
- we transfer the ownership of the business in whole or part to another organisation.
Getting YOUR data right
We aim to keep our data as accurate as possible. If you think anything we know about you is wrong, please let us know and we’ll work with you to fix it.
Removing YOUR data
If you don’t want us to process your personal data please let us know. You need to be aware that while we’ll remove what we can, there is data that we need to retain for business, contractual and legal reasons. For example:
Data about orders has to be retained for at least 3 years after the order is completed. This includes any correspondence;
Financial data has to be retained for 7 years after the end of the financial year where the transaction occurs.
If you’re on one of our mailing lists, just click on the “unsubscribe” button and you’ll be removed from that list.
Project related activities
This page was last reviewed on 14th January 2020.